31 May 2010

West Woodward, OK Fly-in 2010

I took off work today (Memorial Day), in order to attend this fly-in. This would have been my farthest trip to date: 151 miles to be exact. I was REALLY looking forward to this trip. I heard about this fly-in via the SonexTalk e-mail group I belong to. There is a guy there that is building a Sonex, and a few others which are interested in building one. He was really hoping someone would fly down in a Sonex so he could look at one closer... I was determined to be that person.

The forecast was marginal at best! At first light (when I crawled out of bed) there was blue sky above. An hour later, when I left the house, low clouds and mist/fog had rolled in. The ceiling was down to 300 ft. My planned departure time was 0800. At the hangar I did a very thorough pre-flight, washed the windscreen, added a little oil, everything was ready to go. By the time 0920 arrived there was no clearing in sight.... I left for home.


This picture does not do it justice... but the weather was not good for a cross-country trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment