29 May 2010

Hillsboro, KS EAA Fly-in Breakfast

Got up around 0700 to fly up to Hillsboro, KS. Their local EAA chapter was having a fly-in breakfast. This is the first fly-in that I have attended with my Sonex. I was excited to go!

Right before take-off... looking down runway 17 at Cook.

Once in the air I realized that visibility would be an issue... it was POOR!
Looking East toward the sun. Maybe 4 miles visibility... if that.
Looking West was MUCH better.
Throttled back (a little) I was indicating 150 mph ground speed. Made it to Hillsboro in short order. It is only 55 miles from Cook (my home field) to Hillsboro. Here I am starting my downwind leg to runway 17.
Some of the planes there already. There was not a ton of people there, but respectable for the size of town.
My plane sitting on the grass. I hate parking in the grass with my super-tiny tail wheel. I took a friend up for his first Sonex flight - he is around 210lbs, my heaviest passenger yet. We hit the tail wheel first on landing but all was good!
After answering a few questions about the Sonex, and eating some pancakes and sausage, I took off... good time overall!


























No comments:

Post a Comment